Mini-Engineers Limited (“we” or “us”) take the privacy of your information very seriously. Our Privacy and Data Protection Policy is designed to tell you about our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information about you or your child that may be provided via this website or collected through our booking process or otherwise. By using this Website or any services we offer, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information about you in accordance with, and are agreeing to be bound by, this Privacy and Data Protection Policy. Mini-Engineers Limited is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). The Act sets out a number of important principles that organisations must apply when processing personal data. For more information see http://www.ico.gov.uk/
Types of Information Collected
We may collect and process the following personal information or data (information that can be uniquely identified with you) about you:
- Certain information required by us to facilitate your use of the Website or to book an Activity or access other services provided by us, including your name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth and that of your child
- Information provided if you sign up for a newsletter or activity, including your email address and post code
- Details of the courses attended by your child
- A record of any correspondence between you and us
- Your replies to any surveys or questionnaires that we may use for research purposes
- Information we may require from you when you report a problem or complaint
We only collect such information when you choose to supply it to us. You do not have to supply any personal information to us but you may not be able to book a course without doing so. Information may also be gathered through the Website without you actively providing it, through the use of various technologies and methods such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and cookies. These methods do not collect or store personal information. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), so you can access the Internet. It is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address can only be traced back to your ISP or the large company or organisation that provides your internet access (such as your employer if you are at work). We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, and determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our site, and to administer and improve the site.
Use of Information
We may use the information to:
- Provide Activities and other services to you or your child
- Assist in the administration of bookings
- Customise content provided to you
- Conduct research related to Activity offerings
- Assist in making general improvements to our services
- Carry out and administer any obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us
- Contact you and notify you about changes to our services or bookings or the services we offer (except where you have asked us not to do this)
- Analyse how our services are used
Use of Images
From time to time we may post photographs to our Website, News Blog or through our social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest of models made by children attending Mini-Engineers’ Activities. The likeness of children attending Activities may be included in such photographs. Unless you object to the use of your child’s likeness you agree that we may use these photographs in our promotional and marketing material. If you object to any use of the likeness or image of your child then we will remove the photograph concerned as soon as possible.
Sharing of Information
We do not disclose any information you provide to any third parties except:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime);
- In order to enforce any terms and conditions or agreements for our Services that may apply
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Mini-Engineers Limited, our customers, or any other third parties.
Other than as set out above, we shall not disclose any of your personal information unless you give us permission to do so.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
We will take all reasonable steps in accordance with our legal obligations to update or correct personally identifiable information in our possession.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. If you wish to see details of any personal information that we hold about you please contact us by way of our contact page.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of sites that are not operated by us, even if you access them via the Website that is operated by us. We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
In addition, if you came to this Website via a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Transferring Information outside of Europe
If you use our Website while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of your information outside the EU in the manner described above.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by way of our contact page.